Monday, November 12, 2007

Favorites

Well, next week the holiday madness begins. I love the holidays...Thanksgiving leading up to Christmas and the celebration of Jesus' birth. Love it all!

First up Thanksgiving.

We actually don't have plans this year for Thanksgiving, at least nothing set in stone. But I am dreaming of a lots of turkey, sweet potatoes, corn--and of course--chocolate mud pie (a tradition in our family).

What are your three favorite thanksgiving dinner must haves? Also, do you have any fun family traditions?

6 comments:

-V- said...

1. Mashed Taters
2. Gravy
3. More mashed taters and gravy. :-)

Our family usually goes around and says what we're all thankful for. And sometimes sings an old-time song that none of us grandkids have ever fully learned. :-) Corny - but I'm all for it...

Tia said...

MMM, I'm right there with ya sister. The more taters the better. I remember mom used to dry out the wish bone. I'm sure that most mom's did that.

Elisabeth said...

We're starting the new tradition of Mexican themed thanksgiving this year!

but my favorite are:

1.white meat turkey
2.mashed potatoes
3.mud pie!

kristi noser said...

Smashed potatoes
gravy
stuffing--must have stuffing.

Katie R. said...

1. The green bean casserole thing with fried onions

2. Smashed up sweet potatoes with marshmellows on top

3. Homemade pumpkin pie with real whip cream.


All right...now I'm hungry. Thanks Tia!

LadyD said...

Katie took my three. Can I have four? Katies list & Stuffing? Lots of Stuffing. With the crusty stuff on the top and edges, L.