Monday, January 28, 2008

A little Jane Austen in 2008

Last night, Daddy and Critterman settled down in bed to watch tv. I had been sewing all afternoon and wanted to finish the little bag I was making. All of a sudden the power went out. I'm talking pitch black. I had to use the light on the remote control to sorta see to the kitchen to find a candle and the lighter. Finally able to see, I stumbled into the bedroom to check on my guys. I think Ethan was a little distirbed by the complete blackout.

After about an hour or so, Brian and Ethan needed to go to sleep. After they were settled I lit 10 candles or so and started to continue reading "Persuasion" by Jane Austen. Reading by candlelight was pretty cool, I felt like I stepped back in time. Two minutes into my reading, the lights came back on. I was kinda disappointed, but it was fun too.

No comments: