Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Stitched By T is stitchin' for a cure

SPINAL MUSCULAR ATROPHY

On April 22, 2006, we Ronningen's went to the 2nd annual Lindsey Ronningen pancake breakfast benefit to help raise money for the horrible disease SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy). Did you know that:
  • SMA is the #1 Genetic Killer of Children under the Age of 2?
  • Of Children Diagnosed Before Age 2, 50% Will Die Before Their 2nd Birthday?
  • 1 in 40 people carries the gene that causes SMA
  • There is No Cure
  • 1 in Every 6000 Babies are Born w/SMA Each Year

My husband, Brian (type 2) has it, and our niece Lindsey(type 1) died from it when she was only 10 months old--for more informaiton on SMA visit: www.fsma.org.

Anyway, April 22, I sold $600 worth of baby quilts, crocheted baby sweaters and knitted washcloths. 100% of all proceeds went directly to FSMA to help find a cure.

A VERY SPECIAL THANKS to:

Carolyn Jewell, Mary Schettle, Dawne Roby, Kristin Gray, Charlene Sackett, Margaret Sames and my mommy (Linda Van Der Werf). Thanks for all of your hard work and time in making baby quilts. I love you all so much for this.

Many thanks from the WHOLE Ronningen clan.

EXCITING NEWS TODAY!

I am shipping off my first (Stitched By T) official email order today--8 newly knitted washcloths. This makes me VERY happy! Who knows where God is going to take me on this new adventure.

So if any of you are in need of anything (Stitched Together for Infants Toddlers Children or Home) please email at stitchedbyt@hotmail.com. 10% of all proceeds will go to FSMA.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tia,

Do you have an actual website with a webstore? I think your products are a a good fit for a webstore.

Tia said...

Hi Pat:

Working on that...but not sure where to start.

Tia