Sunday, May 14, 2006

Because A Little Bug went Ka-Choo

So this is my very first blog and what I have to say concerns a little bug. I have read this Dr. Seuss club book for the hundredth time to my little E this morning. It is his favorite. He even does little actions that his daddy taught him..."ka--choo", "grrrr" and "the bucket got stuck on the head mom, the bucket got stuck on the head". Tee hee.

I secretly love reading this book with him. It reminds me of when I kept asking my Grandma (mom's mom) to read me "Fox in Sox" (another Dr. Seuss book) whenever she came to visit me from California. One particular visit she made my mom hide my favorite book so she wouldn't have to read it. She HATED this particular book with a great passion. But being the genius 2nd grader that I was, after she arrived and found out that my beloved book was no where to be found. It just happened to be library day at school, so I did what any desperate reader would do: I checked it out from the library! Boy did mom and gramma laugh hard when I came home...needless to say, gramma did finally read my book. Too bad this moment of geniusness (gee is that a real word) didn't last into my adulthood. I guess it did since last mother's day I game my mom a copy of "Fox in Sox" to read to my little E. She laughed.

Anyway...here's to all the mothers in the word....it's truly an honor to be part of such a elite group.

God's blessings on all today.

Side note: Ah....my little Ethan was concerned that I needed a pillow for me to rest on so he went and retrieved his from his bed a put in behind me in my chair so I could be more comfortable. What a great kid, he's only 2!

4 comments:

kristi noser said...

Welcome, Tia!

Reegz said...

Tia! Hey, glad to see you bloggin girl! I love your reading story along with your memory of your grammy!

Tia said...

Thanks Reegz!

I love this new "e"-world. You guys are hilariously funny.

Carla said...

Hi Tia,
Welcome aboard! Can't wait to read ya!